Friday 5 April 2013

Room Inspiration

Hey Everyone,

Most of my posts have been on Make up and Fashion items so I thought that this post should be a little different. For a while now I have wanted to decorate my bedroom so yesterday I was looking at inspiration on the internet. I found these images which gave me a whole load of ideas. Please note that these are not my images.
I loved this bedroom as it does look really vintage which is something I loved. The thing that really caught my attention in the large mirror on the wall. I loved how it covered nearlly the whole wall. I also liked that it look a bit worn around the edges which makes it even more vintage. So I really wanted a mirror for my room similar to the one in the bedroom image and I found this mirror which is what I wanted.


I then found this picture which I think is beautiful. I like how it is all a very similar colour palette however it still looks vintage and would be something you would find in an old fashioned hotel. The item that grabbed my attention in that picture was the stunning silver chest of draws. I managed to find a very similar looking item from Dunelm Mill but I love this one more as it looks more intricate and expensive.

I then found this bedroom and I immediately fell in love with the colour of the wall. Since I want white bedding I really wanted to have a pop of colour on the wall so it didn't look so lifeless. This green colour would love lovely and matches perfectly with little green bird hooks I bought from a shop in London. This paint I found is from Next. I always notice that Next have lovely ranges of paint and wallpaper.

I then came across this bedroom which is very similar to the type of room I had in mind. Since everything else is white or beige the mannequin stands out a lot. I do like the idea of having a mannequin in my bedroom but I didn't like having a plain block colour mannequin I wanted something more unique. That is when I stumbled across this beautiful printed mannequin which would look perfect in my room.

This bedroom then came onto my screen and I loved it. I think using white and cream bedding really makes the rest of the room and the intricate details pop. I also loved how the bedding was white but not dull. They did this by using different textures to add character to the room. I loved the knitted bedding on the bottom so I really wanted to use it in my room. I found this lovely throw from BHS and even though it isn't the same pattern it still creates the look I wanted it to.

This last bedroom was by far my favourite. I loved how all the furniture is white which really makes the pink curtains and wallpaper stand out. I love the colour palette as I think it looks very chic and timeless. I really loved the beaded lamp in the background so that is the item that I wanted to use in my room. I found this lamp from Dunelm Mill and I fell in love with it. It looks like something you would find in a chic hotel in Paris and will really make my room look more vintage.

These were all the inspirations that I found but feel free to comment below any more ideas or inspirations you have for me.

That's all for today I hope you enjoyed todays post. Thanks for reading it.

Remember that Beauty Is In Everybody.

Oliviaxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment